All paid staff and volunteers who serve the Independence Mission Schools network must comply with the following background check, clearances and training requirements. All background checks and clearances must be obtained and on file prior to beginning employment or service. Training must be completed within 90 days of beginning employment or service.
Required Background Checks and Clearances:
All background checks and clearances are required of all IMS school and central office staff and must be renewed every 60 months:
- Pennsylvania Criminal Background Click here
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Click here
- Federal FBI Fingerprint Check Click here
Safe Environment training is required for all IMS school and central office staff. If you have previously taken the training in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, please contact the Office for Child and Youth Protection for duplicate certificate request or for transferability evaluation if you have previous completed this training at another diocese within the United States.
- Safe Environment Part 1 – Protecting God’s Children Click here
- Safe Environment Part 2 – Mandatory Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse v2.0* Click here
(*If v2.0 has not been completed, previous versions are accepted but contingent upon reviewing the updated Mandated Reporting brochure and signing the Mandated Reporter Acknowledgment.)