IMS is taking all necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our schools, while also ensuring that our students continue to be enriched with a rigorous academic curriculum. More information can be found below in our Health & Safety Plan Summary.
As we work to reopen our schools, we are following medical and health guidelines from Center for Disease Control, the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, the Pennsylvania Department of Education, and other governmental health organizations. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and keep you informed of our actions.
IMS Health & Safety Updates:
- 7-27-20 Health & Safety Plan Summary
- 8-14-20 Employee Rights – Families First Coronavirus Response Act (For Staff)
COVID-19: What Families Need to Know
- If your child is sick or has a fever, please do not send them to school until they are fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medicines – including Tylenol or Ibuprofen.
- Inform your school’s leadership team, including the principal, if your child has been diagnosed with the flu or another contagious disease.
- Notify the principal if your child is planning to travel internationally.
- Please encourage frequent hand washing and remind your child to cover coughs or sneezes in their elbow.
How is COVID-19 Spread & What Are the Symptoms?
How Can I Help Protect Myself?
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
- If you are sick, stay home until you are fever free for 24-hours
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- CDC Coronavirus 2019 Website
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet (Pennsylvania Department of Health)
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions and Answers: Coronavirus Disease-2019 (COVID-19) and Children